India has always been one of the favorite destinations for tourists from around the world. Traveling to India is synonymous with exotic places, culture, mythology, landscapes and culinary arts, as well as spirituality and meditation.
Helpful tips for traveling to India in summer
· Passports: First, as with most trips abroad, we must have an updated passport and valid, ie, the passport should not win in the six months period following the presentation to customs. We must also have a tourist visa, this is valid for six months. Generally, both an original photocopy of round trip tickets and pre-established route that will give us the travel agent we hired.
· Currency: The official currency of India is the Indian rupee, the easiest way is to take the money from the country of departure, or traveler’s checks, this will always be easier and cheaper to change the currency once it has arrived . The coins are legal tender only be changed in exchange offices.
If we take euros in India we will find places where we can change. Thus there is no need to change U.S. dollars previously.
· Vaccines: If you travel to India in summer, must possess an international certificate of vaccination against yellow fever current 10 days before entering the country. However, it is recommended to those who choose to vacation there, as a precaution, also be vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B, tetanus and typhoid. The emphasis on hiring a health insurance before carrying out the journey and once there, the conditions are not the most optimal. It is also recommended to drink bottled water should be boiled or sterilized in order to avoid contracting diseases or risk-taking during the stay.
On the other hand, being summer, we should not forget to bring insect repellent.
· Hygiene: women do not easily find specific products. Therefore, it is advisable to take the need for intimate hygiene.
· Taxis and transfers: in some places, the taxi fare may be paid depending on the route in advance we make. If not, they should not warn the driver that is our first time in this territory or that we are tourists, because often we charge more than the appropriate credit.
Moreover, it also happens that certain fees charged taxi drivers to bring the passenger to different places. Thus, we should not pay attention when they inform us that our hotel is full, we should another room, and so on. They are resources for daily false away from our destination and collect a commission.
· Attire: The dress of women in India is very different from Europe or America. In the summer, and almost any time of year, use of clothing is not tight or provocative. It is convenient to the body something loose (baggy pants, blouses) and rather short sleeves.
Power Supply: not recommended accepting drinks, tea or food of any kind if we are not sure of its origin.